This is the stunning poster that has been produced for RAW 2010. You can look at it by going to: http://www.aranz.org.nz/Site/events/RAW.aspx
The theme for RAW 2010 is archives and records of industry. New Zealanders are renowned for our ingenuity and clever ideas (our No.8 wire mentality). Archives and records are an important means of preserving our history of industry, innovation, trade, enterprise, research, science, technology and economic development. This is particularly relevant in the current economic state in helping us to reflect on our history of enterprise and ingenuity.
The organisers have suggested that these themes are considered:
- Retaining our archives and records of industry is important to our economic and social history.
- The economic development of New Zealand has been based on our primary industries, such as agriculture and horticulture.
- Our sense of pride and national identity is linked to industry; from the first export of frozen meat from Port Chalmers in 1882 to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy in 2001-2003
- The industries that New Zealand is engaged in is widening and changing from predominantly primary industries into more secondary industries.
- We need to be aware of the risk to these records that may be lost to future generations if these records are not retained
Company archives and records - THINK and ACT this week - 1-7 May 2010